Good News

KA-BOOM! TRUMP JUST GAVE INCREDIBLE NEWS TO EVERYONE ON SOCIAL SECURITY…

on

What is Social Security?

Social Security is largely a pay-as-you-go program. This means that today’s workers pay Social Security taxes into the program and money flows back out as monthly income to beneficiaries.

Social Security is the foundation of economic security for millions of Americans—retirees, disabled persons, and families of retired, disabled or deceased workers. About 163 million Americans pay Social Security taxes and 59 million collect monthly benefits. About one family in four receives income from Social Security.

The average monthly Social Security benefit in July 2015 was:

• $1,336 a month for retired workers;
  • $1,282 a month for widows or widowers over the age of 60;
  • $1,165 a month for disabled workers;
  • $1,979 a month for a disabled worker, spouse and one or more young children;
  • $2,631 a month for a widowed mother and two children.

Reported by viralpatriot,

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO SECURE SOCIAL SECURITY AND ENSURE THOSE WHO PAID IN ARE GETTING THEIR MONEY BACK. TRUMP HAS NOT TACKLED THE PROBLEM COMPLETELY YET BUT THERE IS STILL SOME GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO ARE BUSTING THEIR BUTTS TO ADD TO THEIR INCOME WHILE COLLECTING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS.

2017 will bring modest payment increases for all social security recipients. The average monthly payment will increase to $1,360 for single recipients and about $2,260 for married couples.

But that’s not all the good news coming from Washington these days. Social Security recipients who want or need to work just got a helping hand from Washington.

Those people, who want or need to work, will now be able to earn more in 2017 without affecting their benefits.

Those under 65 can earn up to $16, 920 this year. Those who are turning 66 can earn as much as $44, 880, up $3,000 from last year.

In the past, if you worked and received benefits you faced penalties if you earned too much. Those penalties are going down this year, reflecting the new reality that Americans are working much later that before.

$1 in benefits will be withheld for every $2 over the maximum earnings for those under age 65. For those 66, but not yet full retirement age (66yrs, 2 months), $1 for every $3 earned over the limit will be held back.

Once full retirement age is reached, there is no limit on what one can earn. Also, any money previously withheld will be returned.

The maximum benefit payment a person at full retirement age will get is going up to $2,687. However, that payment could increase by more, if retirement is delayed until age 67.

Read More…

Thank you President Trump for helping the unheard voter once again.

Recommended for you

10 Comments

1. Saundra lanoy

March 15, 2017 at 5:29 pm

My husband is a disabled veteran he don’t get much from the vs and I am disabled so I get a little from ss I hope he dose keep his word I work all my life until now

2. Sue Hodge

March 15, 2017 at 8:40 pm

My husband and I are both retired, he is 77 and I am 74. We get no where near the amounts stated in this article. Where do these figures come from and when can we expect to get our fair share? We have both worked our entire life and paid in to social security.

• Mary Riley

March 20, 2017 at 9:48 pm

I only get $800 minus $100 taken out for Medicare. Where does this wright er get his figures? I cannot afford car insurance or luxuries like utilities half the time

3. evelyn baker

March 15, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I am 67 and it is all i can to live with what i make from work plus my ss check

4. Michael Finch

March 16, 2017 at 12:50 am

When you have cancer and try to get your benefits SSDI makes you jump through red tape to get such if you apply for regular Social security they want you to get rid of your retirement before they will give SSI to you deplete it first or no help

5. Tramp

March 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Social Security would not be pay as you go if the Democrats hadn’t stolen the funds.

• donelatham

March 22, 2017 at 6:33 am

How about just requiring everyone to pay SS premiums the entire year like the lower wage earners are required to do, and also, what about workers, such as I,that worked until age 72, and became disabled and had to retire. My primary source of income is my SS that I paid in during my entire working career. There are so many other purely wasteful spending cuts that could be made if Ryan would open his eyes before attacking SS and Medicare, which are 2 of the best things seniors have going for them. I’m quite sure the senior voters won’t forget this come next election.

6. Lora

March 21, 2017 at 8:54 pm

What about SSI recipients..will they get a increase?

7. James

March 22, 2017 at 5:35 am

It’s unfortunate that earnings in your lifetime reflect what you receive and I’ve seen a difference of payments but that is why encouragement is made to plan for tomorrow.Thank goodness Trump is POTUS or It could have been death of a great NATION.

8. virg

March 22, 2017 at 10:42 pm

what about the states with the windfall elimination? I will 40% of my social security eventhough I earned it all in a non windfall elimination state!