U.S. News

Right After Trump Supporter Was VICIOUSLY Assaulted For MAGA Hat, Something MIRACULOUS Happened

on

Do you know what “freedom of speech” actually means?

According to uscourts, among other cherished values, the First Amendment protects the freedom of speech.

The U.S. Supreme Court often has struggled to determine what exactly constitutes protected speech.

The following are examples of speech, both direct (words) and symbolic (actions), that the Court has decided are either entitled to First Amendment protections, or not.

The First Amendment states, in relevant part, that:

“Congress shall make no law…abridging freedom of speech.”

Freedom of speech includes the right:

• Not to speak (specifically, the right not to salute the flag).
  • Of students to wear black armbands to school to protest a war (“Students do not shed their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate.”).
  • To use certain offensive words and phrases to convey political messages.
  • To contribute money (under certain circumstances) to political campaigns.
  • To advertise commercial products and professional services (with some restrictions).
  • To engage in symbolic speech, (e.g., burning the flag in protest).

Freedom of speech does not include the right:

• To incite actions that would harm others (e.g., “[S]hout[ing] ‘fire’ in a crowded theater.”).
  • To make or distribute obscene materials.
  • To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
  • To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
  • Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
  • Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.

Reported by libertywriters,

Jovanni Valle was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat in Manhattan’s Lower East Side when he was hit on the head with a bottle at 3:30 am, the New York Post reports.

Valle is a 26-year-old right-wing activist who had attended a book party for Milo Yiannopoulous’ new book “Dangerous.” He said he was attacked after his MAGA hat fell off while he was dancing at the bar. A woman, Emma Rodriguez, then “repeatedly” stepped on his hat until he said ‘That’s enough, what are you doing?’ to which she replied ‘I hate this hat, I hate you.”

After Valle placed his hand on the woman’s shoulder, Rodriguez’s boyfriend, Leonardo Heinert, started to “repeatedly punch” Valle while Rodriguez “smashed a bottle” over his head.”

Valle said of the incident:

I wear my hat because I want to make America great again like the president. I like Trump because he doesn’t sugarcoat anything. A hat that says ‘America’ and ‘great’ on it shouldn’t be polarizing. This is a political hate crime. I got attacked for what I think.

Luckily Valle, who is uninsured, found support in plastic surgeon and fellow Trump supporter Dr. Joseph Pober, who offered to fix Valle’s facial scarring for free. Pober said:

This is something that had to be done. When I heard about this I was shocked. It’s freedom of speech that is being attacked and assaulted… I can’t imagine that anyone in America would viciously assault you, break your nose and slice your face with a broken beer bottle.”

Pober has so far provided an estimated $30,000 worth of medical services to Valle free of charge, with two more free surgeries to come.

Valle is an ardent right-wing activist, having made headlines earlier this year for interrupting a production of the Public Theatre’s Trump-themed “Julius Caesar.” Valle stormed the stage shouting “Liberal hate kills.”

Valle is a passionate Trump supporter who was attacked for simply wearing a hat. Can you imagine if a Hillary supporter had been attacked for their beliefs? It would make front page news. That’s why we’re asking you to show your support for young man and this doctor’s generosity by sharing this 5,000 times!

Recommended for you